Part VI – Management Meeting, Deeper Dives, and Letters of Intent In our last discussion, we had narrowed down the pool of buyer targets and have decided to go forward with four to six potential acquirers that have provided indications of interest to you and your M&A advisor. Now it is time to dig in, get […]
As the business world quickly migrates to the cloud for technology applications and infrastructure, many middle-market organizations have been slow to adapt. Some are slightly apprehensive about the cloud, amid uncertainties about whether systems are a good fit and concerns about vulnerabilities and resources required. However, the reality is the cloud presents several key benefits, […]
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Ever wonder about the power of free cash flow? Listen as CFO Eric Loughmiller explains how KAR Auction Services touches more than $25 billion in cash each year, while it captures close to $2 billion in revenue.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download What kills growth inside middle-market firms? Listen as author and consultant Robert Sher reveals the seven silent growth killers unique to midsize firms and explores some of the approaches business leaders can use to detect and overcome the organizational shortcomings that routinely prove fatal for growth.
Sugar Plant Removed Safety Device 13 Days before Temp Worker’s Death
Last month, we examined some ways to increase the value of your company well in advance of an actual transaction. Last Article Now, you’ve identified your goals, and done all the preparation you can do. How do you retain someone to help you through the sale process? Should you hire an intermediary? The first question […]
A patent, contends Elon Musk, only serves to entrench a large corporation to a staked out position around their intellectual property and ultimately only enriches members of the legal profession and not the inventors themselves.
Digital signage networks — found in hotel lobbies and malls across the continent — are among the fastest growing categories for media today, increasing at about 14 percent annually. For RMG Networks, the digital networks opportunity recently grew still larger last year when it acquired Plano, Texas’s Symon Communications, a tech firm specializing in software […]
New York — A new economic optimism appears to be sweeping the middle market as business leaders raise revenue forecasts and place M&A near the top of their 2014 growth agendas, according to a cluster of recently released studies. This upbeat tone among middle-market leaders is particularly evident among privately held businesses according to professional […]
- A CFO’s secret weapon – negotiation skills Hear Ben Sopranzetti, Rutgers Business School @RutgersSBC @CFOTL #CFO http://t.co/SasDyN43bf 10 hours ago
- How do you view Risk Management? Doug Webster, Principal, Cambio Consulting @CFOTL #CFO http://t.co/cSwCPBExxy 11 hours ago
- What We Know Now: Six CFOs Offer Career-Building Insights to Future Finance Leaders http://t.co/ouNOgwjRqa @CFOTL @midmktexec 11 hours ago
- Making Finance Your Firm’s Go-To Department, Maria Izurieta, CFO, 3Pillar Global @3pillar @midmktexec @cfotl http://t.co/bx411tbFX3 12 hours ago
- Confessions of a Start-Up CFO, Andrew Eisele of JW Player http://t.co/JGSq5Tm6y4 via @CFOTL @jwplayer @startups 12 hours ago