(Reuters) – The U.S. Supreme Court agreed on Friday to hear a legal challenge to a key part of the Obamacare health law that, if successful, would limit the availability of federal health insurance subsidies for millions of Americans. In a one-sentence order, the court said it would decide a case brought by conservative challengers […]
Part VI – Management Meeting, Deeper Dives, and Letters of Intent In our last discussion, we had narrowed down the pool of buyer targets and have decided to go forward with four to six potential acquirers that have provided indications of interest to you and your M&A advisor. Now it is time to dig in, get […]
As the business world quickly migrates to the cloud for technology applications and infrastructure, many middle-market organizations have been slow to adapt. Some are slightly apprehensive about the cloud, amid uncertainties about whether systems are a good fit and concerns about vulnerabilities and resources required. However, the reality is the cloud presents several key benefits, […]
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Ever wonder about the power of free cash flow? Listen as CFO Eric Loughmiller explains how KAR Auction Services touches more than $25 billion in cash each year, while it captures close to $2 billion in revenue.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download What kills growth inside middle-market firms? Listen as author and consultant Robert Sher reveals the seven silent growth killers unique to midsize firms and explores some of the approaches business leaders can use to detect and overcome the organizational shortcomings that routinely prove fatal for growth.
Sugar Plant Removed Safety Device 13 Days before Temp Worker’s Death
Last month, we examined some ways to increase the value of your company well in advance of an actual transaction. Last Article Now, you’ve identified your goals, and done all the preparation you can do. How do you retain someone to help you through the sale process? Should you hire an intermediary? The first question […]
A patent, contends Elon Musk, only serves to entrench a large corporation to a staked out position around their intellectual property and ultimately only enriches members of the legal profession and not the inventors themselves.
Digital signage networks — found in hotel lobbies and malls across the continent — are among the fastest growing categories for media today, increasing at about 14 percent annually. For RMG Networks, the digital networks opportunity recently grew still larger last year when it acquired Plano, Texas’s Symon Communications, a tech firm specializing in software […]
- Why Cash Flow Per Share Trumps EPS, Eric Loughmiller, CFO KAR Auction Services http://t.co/WMgtrBpisU via @CFOTL @midmktexec 1 day ago
- How Operations Gives Finance its Teeth http://t.co/R7tiydW9HD @midmktexec @cfotl #wisconsin #CFO 2 days ago
- What We Know Now: Six CFOs Offer Career-Building Insights to Future Finance Leaders http://t.co/JI7ONuCbHd @CFOTL @midmktexec 2 days ago
- Collaborating with Private Equity Partners #CFO, Action Environmental Group @CFOTL #CFO @ActionCarting http://t.co/ZFaUPFO2da 2 days ago
- #CFO Bill Knese on Accounting Standards for Privately-Held Firms http://t.co/LQH7qdlSgI #GAAP #FASB #CFO @CFOTL @midmktexec @IMA_news 2 days ago