Visit CFO Thought Leader, the finance realm of the Middle-Market Executive.
Our mission is to bring you personal firsthand accounts of CFOs who are driving change within their organizations.
CFO Thought Leader is all about inspiring finance professionals to take a leadership leap. We know that by hearing about the successes — (and yes, also the failures) — of others, today’s CFOs can more confidently chart their own leadership paths across the enterprise and take inspired action.
A business realm long populated by headstrong entrepreneurs and family-owned businesses, the middle market is experiencing a wave of technology adoption that seems intent on further upending the traditional laws of business competition as it diminishes the size advantage that large enterprise companies have long enjoyed. When it comes to the middle market’s growing appetite […]
It wasn’t too long ago that IT spend as a percent of revenue was the time-honored metric of choice among finance executives determined to keep their firm’s IT spending within the light of day. In fact, many finance chiefs arguably still rely on the metric to provide a quick snapshot of their firm’s appetite for […]
What happens when a $2 billion firm changes its talent mix and modifies its organization to extend its lines of sight? Join us when Jim Benson, CFO, Akamai Technologies, reveals his CFO mind-set and shares the steps taken to build and deploy Akamai's front-office finance team. ¤
When it comes to growth inside a high-tech firm, one question more than any other demands the attention of finance leadership: Is it sustainable? Join us when Bruce Felt, CFO, Domo, shares his CFO mind-set and explores the challenge of measuring and revealing sustainable growth. ¤
When Carlson Management Consulting last month landed on Inc. Magazine's Inc. 5000 ranking of fast-growth firms, we quickly knew what our topic for discussion should be for this episode of ASK ETHAN. Join us as Ethan Carlson, CEO of Carlson Management Consulting, discusses the role that finance must play when it comes to managing growth inside…
Understanding How People (Not Metrics) Drive the Business, Bona Allen, CFO, Kajima Building & Design Group
It may seem like a trite idea — one designed to keep executives nodding in agreement. However, when a CFO says that what matters most in business is people, we tend to ponder the thought all the more closely. Join us when Bona Allen explains why people (not metrics) must always be top-of-mind when it comes…
Few markets can consume luxury brands at a rate faster than Miami, Florida, these days, a fact that has given rise to the Warren Henry Automotive Group, a $350 million firm consisting of seven luxury import dealerships as well as eight other businesses. Join us when CFO Erik Day shares his CFO mind-set and reveals…
It's no secret employee engagement or lack of it has an enormous impact on customer relationships. In fact, managing productivity and employee engagement is one of the biggest challenges business leaders today face. Join us when Matt Fortner, CFO, Group Delphi, reveals his CFO mind-set and explains how measuring employee satisfaction has become a growing…
From Middle Market Thought Leader
- 079: Driving Growth By Inspiring Change, Raj Mamodia, CEO, Brillio
- 228: How Influencer Marketing Fueled the Rise of G FUEL | Cliff Morgan, Founder, G FUEL
- 240: Flexing Your Balance Sheet Muscle | Ty Johnson, CEO, Select Interior Concepts
- 082: Charting Your Recurring Revenue Stream, Scott McFarlane, CEO, Avalara
- 087: Creating a Culture Where Employees Stand Up, Jon Shanahan, CEO, Businessolver
Sign up for My Growth Priorities Newsletter
Latest Finance Episodes
Follow us on TwitterTweets by @midmktexec
From CFO Thought Leader
- 565: A Fintech Unicorn Burnishes its Risk Management Brand | Michael Tannenbaum, CFO, Brex, Inc.
- 564: Synchrony Steps Beyond the Shadow of its Historic Roots | Brian Wenzel, CFO, Synchrony
- AFTERPOD: Putting a Fine Point on FP&A | An Interview with Grant Halloran, CEO, Planful
- 563: Energizing Your Entrepreneurial Mind-set | Stephen Grist, CFO, Bohemia Interactive Simulations
- 562: A Window Into the Future | Anna Brunelle, CFO, Kinestral Technologies