Bob Hammer springboarded Commvault into the middle market by creating products to address data management challenges that would reside years into the future. However, even he was caught off guard by the speed with which Cloud computing solutions gained acceptance with Commvault's customers. The digital blind spot would trigger a major restructuring for the data management firm.…
What’s it like to have a line of sight into the finance departments of numerous lower middle-market companies? Join us as Matthew May, managing partner of AcuityCFO, explains how the demand for interim CFOs among lower middle-market firms is on the rise as young management teams adopt an outsourcing mindset.
What’s a CFO to do when he sees his reflection through the lens of a business opportunity? Join us as Rob shares his entrepreneurial CFO mind-set and reveals the A-ha! moment that led him to start up a firm dedicated to empowering finance executives with SaaS-based performance tools.
Woodland Hills, CA — As more midmarket firms pursue opportunities offshore, cloud computing applications are once more proving to be a critical ally for midsized companies whose global ambitions continue to stress-test accounting systems that originally took root inside the U.S. “The more global you are, the more you want to be in front […]
Eatontown, N.J. — Ask any technology executive to identify a software firm with a CEO who goes by the first name of Larry, and chances are that Commence Corporation isn’t the first company to come to mind. Yet Commence Corp.’s technology roots run nearly as deep and are arguably as nimble as those of many […]
Sherry Buck, CFO of Libbey, Inc.
As it has for many middle-market firms, the fluctuating economy has made Thomas Publishing of New York City ever savvier when it comes to leveraging technology to reduce costs. Thomas Publishing CFO Mitch Peipert explains how the 115-year-old middle-market firm has embraced cloud computing and how finance has today migrated to the outer edges of the firm’s […]
Mitch Peipert, CFO, Thomas Publishing
As CEO of a $25 million financial solutions firm, Therese Tucker built BlackLine Systems by understanding the needs and demands of Fortune 1000 accounts when it comes to such thorny automation feats as the financial close. Yet, as a middle-market firm, BlackLine itself has needs that are more closely aligned with that sector, which, thanks […]
From Middle Market Thought Leader
- 079: Driving Growth By Inspiring Change, Raj Mamodia, CEO, Brillio
- 228: How Influencer Marketing Fueled the Rise of G FUEL | Cliff Morgan, Founder, G FUEL
- 240: Flexing Your Balance Sheet Muscle | Ty Johnson, CEO, Select Interior Concepts
- 082: Charting Your Recurring Revenue Stream, Scott McFarlane, CEO, Avalara
- 087: Creating a Culture Where Employees Stand Up, Jon Shanahan, CEO, Businessolver
Sign up for My Growth Priorities Newsletter
Latest Finance Episodes
Follow us on TwitterTweets by @midmktexec
From CFO Thought Leader
- No Longer Serving the Metric-Savvy Few, FP&A Enters a New Data Dimension to Feed the Masses
- 554: Achieving a Strategic Capital Structure | David Moss, CFO, INmune Bio
- 553: Opening a Spin-off’s Liberated Growth Chapter | Ravi Chopra, CFO, SonicWall
- 552: Making Customer Outcomes Top of Mind | Valerie Burman, CFO, GuideSpark
- 551: Capitalizing on Efficiencies to Unlock New Value | Chris Sands, CFO, MineralTree