Our 2018 Season Sponsors

Growth Monitor: Mike McClernon CEO of SmartSource, Hauppauge, NY

ne 2
SmartSource Computer & Audio Visual Rentals appears to have read the technology tea leaves well, beginning with a name change in 2007 (from Rent-a-PC), the same year the Kirtland Capital Partners, a private equity firm located in Cleveland, OH, acquired a majority interest in the firm.

 Going forward, the breadth of depth of SmartSource’s offerings would be forever altered by audio and visual technologies. Empowered by its expanding rental inventories, CEO Mike McClernon says that the firm has made the events business — where it provides rentals to trade shows and corporate conferences — close to 80 percent of its business, compared to its general rental business, which now accounts for the remaining 20 percent. 

Read our article: How Moving Stuff Helped a Business Keep its Edge in the Mobile World

In this edition of Growth Monitor, Michael McClernon discusses how part of the firm’s growth strategy has involved the development of “multiple narrow visions” for each of its distinct customer sets.




Middle Market Thought Leader is Made Possible By BlacklineU.S. Bank RGB color JPG (1)

, ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply