Fast-growing IT services firm Carousel Industries completed its acquisition of IT rival Atrion last fall, aiming to become a $1 billion company. However, for Carousel's Chief People Officer, Nancy Contillo, the deal-making was only the merger's kickoff, and the creation of a single integrated workforce would take place over the months ahead. Join us when…
The loss of a prized employee frequently sounds the alarm inside middle-market firms, where properly boarding new hires can take many months. Join us when Jay Van Orden, CEO of Worldwide Supply, shares his middle-market mind-set and explains why each month the firm allots a percentage of its gross profits to employees. Workplace Champions Episode:…
For many lower middle-market firms bootstrapping is a guiding principle that has overtime become viewed as a company's cultural cornerstone - a fact that frequently narrows a firm's path to new growth. Join us when Lauren Herring explains how she maneuvered her 2nd generation business beyond its bootstrapped past to begin investing in her firm's…
As companies grow and advance beyond their entrepreneurial roots talent often becomes a major growth hurdle for companies that must steadily enhance their talent best practices if they are going to meet the demands of an expanding workforce. Join us when Justin Tysdal, Co-Founder, Seven Corners, explains how talent became the primary path for opening a…
It's no secret midsized firms adapt more aggressively, innovate more nimbly and create more jobs than Fortune 500 companies. In this special episode of Middle Market Thought Leader we introduce our Workplace Champions Podcast featuring talent-minded business leaders that are passionate about building innovative workforces.
Mary's Site Mary's Book: Changing Direction: 10 Choices that Impact Your Dreams
What are your priorities for growing this middle-market business over the next 12 months? Ashish: One is coming up with a more hands-off way to bring people on board. As I mentioned earlier, I think one of the biggest issues is that we need to kind of pull people offline to help train newer people. […]
Do you know the real cost of your workforce? This is an increasingly important question – and one that’s getting harder to answer. Many organizations experienced some degree of restructuring or downsizing as a result of the recent economic downturn. Unfortunately, leaders at midsized companies may have made those hard decisions without accurate, comprehensive data […]
How does the CFO role differ inside a private equity backed firm versus a publicly-held firm? Join us as Debbie shares her insights from both worlds, and explains her growing focus on human capital inside the rapid rise of A-T Solutions.
From Middle Market Thought Leader
- 079: Driving Growth By Inspiring Change, Raj Mamodia, CEO, Brillio
- 068: Selling Advice for a Piece of the Action, Joe Bizzarro, CEO, Vizant
- 082: Charting Your Recurring Revenue Stream, Scott McFarlane, CEO, Avalara
- Envisioning a Dealer-Owned Captive Finance Company, Erik Day, CFO, Warren Henry Automotive Group
- 070: Growing by the Sea, Clark Twiddy, CEO, Twiddy & Company
Sign up for My Growth Priorities Newsletter
Latest Finance Episodes
Follow us on TwitterTweets by @midmktexec
From CFO Thought Leader
- 329: Building Your Finance Network | Robert Bendetti, CFO, Life Cycle Engineering
- 328: Entering the CFO Office | Four Finance Leaders Recall Their Door of Entry
- 327: The Unbearable Cost of Variance | Søren Wulff, CFO, Sticks ‘n’ Sushi
- The Afterpod | Sherry Buck, CFO, Waters Corporation
- 326: The Road Less Taken: CFO to CEO | Roger Varin, CEO, Stäubli N.A.